Welcome to Menorca Aiport! Find all the information regarding Menorca Airport: Flights (Departures and Arrivals), Parking, Accommodation, Car hire & Transport, and plan your travel to this magnific balearic island with the information provided in this site.
Although Menorca island has only 60kms from east to west and 20kms north to south, there are several activities to do:
- Beaches and natural paradise
- Sports and Adventure / Horse Riding
- Cultura and customs
- Ancestors Monuments
- Ciutadella and Mahon, the cities.
The name of Minorca derives from its size, contrasting it with nearby Majorca.
The island is known for its collection of megalithic stone monuments: navetes, taules and talaiots, which speak of a very early prehistoric human activity.
Menorca airport has one main passenger terminal with 16 boarding gates. The building has three different levels, on the ground level passengers have access to the ground transportation, on the 1st level there are located the check-in desks and on the 2nd level it is located the security control to have access to the the boarding gates.
Minorca airport can handle over 2,5 million passengers per year. Between summer season and winter season there are significant differences in terms of passenger traffic. While during the cold months the passengers movement is about 50.000 per month, during summer season can increase up to 500.000. A notorious difference in numbers.
In Menorca there is no train or subway network so, the easiest way to get around from the airport is by road. Taxis and cars are the most common vehicles although motorcycles are a good option as well.
- Taxis: from the airport to Maó (the capital in Minorca and the nearest city) should cost around 10 euros.
- Bus: all buses run to the bus station in Maó. From there, various buses go to different destinations along Menorca island.
- Car: it is one of the best methods to discover Minorca. If you don’t have car in the island, there are various car rental agencies that provide the car rental service in Menorca. Check it here!
Beaches and coves are one of the treasures of Menorca, the coast line is formed by series of different beaches. This fact awards it with a great diversity of landscapes and its own personality of each beach. There are beaches for all tastes.
Address: Ctra. San Clemente s/n 07712 Mahon/Menorca
Telephone: +34 971 157 049
Location: Level 0, Arrivals Hall
Phone: 971 15 71 08